Friday 8 December 2006

Stumble or what?

I suppose like millions of others before me this is the first step. It might be the last step but a step never the less.
I have been reading a few blog sites and thought 'If they can post, then why can't I'. I might not have much to post but you never know.
No doubt this may take some time to master the fine details of what to do, but I have started.
You might wonder about the title of my blog - the Abbey Sanctuary - well its quite simple really - I was born and brought up immediately opposite this fine old building at the foot of the Canongate in Edinburgh. It still stands while the tenement building I lived in is gone - replaced now by the Scottish Parliament Building! Enough said, except £450 million and change! The Abbey Sanctuary, when I was growing up was used as a cafe for visitors to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Whenever I was asked where I came from I used to tell people that I lived just outside the palace gates, in fact the Queen was my next door neighbour! No one believed me! But it was true, to some extent, she lived in the palace and I lived at no 6 Canongate, although we were not really on speaking terms.

No comments: